Access your Portal to update your emergency information. Notifications are made via text message, email, and phone call.
Follow these simple steps to update your Portal: Update CSUF Portal
Questions? Contact (657) 278-2515.
What to do?
If there is a threat and you can escape:
1) Move away from the threat as quickly as possible.
2) Run if you're able.
If the threat is near you and you can't escape:
1) Find a secure room and lock the door.
2) Put any big object in front of the door to prevent entry.
3) Turn off lights and silence all electronic devices.
4) Hide behind furniture and be as quiet as possible.
5) Wait for CSUF PD to release you from your position.
If you can't (safely) lock the door or escape:
1) Hide and be prepared to disarm the threat.
2) Two to five person (attack team) should be just inside the door to knock down the weapon and push the shooter to the floor and disarm.
3) Do everything you can to survive until CSUF PD arrives. When police enter the room show your hands and follow instructions.
California State University Active Shooter Video
Click to take a 45-minute online FEMA course on active shooter situations
Campus Safety Escort
Campus Safety Escorts are available 24 hours a day, based on officer or student CSO availability, for EMERGENCY AND URGENT SITUATIONS ONLY.
THIS SERVICE IS NOT A TAXI SERVICE AND WE DO NOT HAVE PERSONNEL DEDICATED TO PROVIDING THIS SERVICE.
ESCORTS, WHERE ONLY A CLOSED VEHICLE IS AVAILABLE WILL NOT TAKE PLACE INSIDE THE VEHICLE, A COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICER (CSO) WILL DRIVE NEARBY. IF AN OPEN-AIR CART IS AVAILABLE, THE CAMPUS SAFETY ESCORT MAY TAKE PLACE INSIDE THE CART. A CSO MAY ALSO PROVIDE AN ESCORT BY WALKING NEARBY.
Our free campus safety escort service is
a shuttle service. It is for those individuals who fear walking to or from their class, car, or student Housing.
Please do not use the service for anything other than safety concerns. Safety escort services are available to students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
*Limited to campus boundaries
To request an escort, call
or in the event of an emergency call/text 911 or use the campus blue phones 24/7.
Have the following information ready: (1) name, (2) location, (3) description of clothing
Emergency Blue Phones
Push the button to connect to Cal State Fullerton PD dispatch
*Blue phones are for emergencies only - Blue Phone Map
CSUF Police Department employes one on-call chaplain. The chaplain is available to students, staff, and faculty 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To request to speak or meet with a chaplain, please call (657) 278-2515.
The chaplain will meet the student, staff, or faculty member at the police station.
800 N. State College Blvd.
Fullerton, CA 92831
Child Car Seat Inspection (Not Available)
*This service is not currently available*
The CSUF Police Department offers free child car seat inspections by officers who are certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians. Properly installed safety seats reduce the risk of fatal injury to infants (under one) by 71%.
By Appointment Only - May take up to one hour
Complete the Child Car Seat Inspection form to schedule an appointment or request additional information.
To make an appointment or ask questions, email CSUF PD PIO or call (657) 278-9636.
Impound & Storage
Tow Information Line: (657) 278-2111
Tow Release Fees
- $150 for all STORED (non-impounded) vehicles
- $300 for DUI related (impounded) vehicles
- $200 for other impounded vehicles
- $25 for property retrieval
- Obtain a written release from the police department
- Cashier's check, money order or credit cards ONLY
- Vehicle can only be released to the listed registered vehicle owner
Unlicensed or Suspended Driver
- Vehicle owner is liable for towing, storage, and release fees
- Vehicle subject to a 30 day hold unless proof is provided that the cited driver's license was reinstated
Vehicle Impound Hearing
You must submit your request within 10 business days of the date appearing on the impound notice
- In person (CSUF Police Department - 800 N. State College Blvd., Fullerton, CA 92831 - Corner of State College Blvd. and Gym Dr.)
- In writing (CSUF Police Department - 800 N. State College Blvd., Fullerton, CA 92831 - Corner of State College Blvd. and Gym Dr.)
CSUF Key Request forms are available to department offices from the CSUF Police Department Key Control Center.
- Two working days are required to complete in-person key requests
- Staff: CSUF ID required
- Students: CSUF ID and 2nd form of valid picture identification is required
Lost Keys? The first lost key is free. Subsequent lost keys are $25 each. Master keys may vary.
*If CSUF Police Department determines a new lock or re-keying is required, additional fees will be incurred
Questions? Call (657) 278-4308
Email email@example.com for key holds on your account, to return keys, and all other Records related functions.
STARTING FEBRUARY 1, OUR LIVE SCAN SERVICES ARE WALK-IN ONLY.
Please bring your government-issued ID and complete the Live Scan form prior to arrival.
Live Scan Hours by Appointment Only: M-F, 8:30am-4pm
Lost and Found
- Lost and found property is stored for three months
- Click to view all lost and found items turned into CSUF PD
- Bring a valid picture ID to claim property
- Property eligible for sale to the public after 90 days can be found on Property Room
Main Campus Hours
Questions? Call (657) 278-4308