Convicted Sexual Offender Registration Laws

Am I required to register with the University?

Effective October 28, 2002, Penal Code 290.1 was expanded and requires sexual offenders to register with the University Police. Convicted sexual offenders are required to register under Section 290 if they are residing on the university campus; enrolled as a student of the university; employed by the university, either full-time or part-time (includes paid employees or volunteers); or working or carrying on a vocation at the university (e.g. contractors) for more than 14 days or for an aggregate period exceeding 30 days in a calendar year (including paid workers as well as volunteers). Persons listed above must register with the University Police within five working days of commencing enrollment or employment with the University. Registrants are also required to notify the university police within five working days of ceasing to be enrolled or employed, or ceasing to carry on a vocation at the University.

How do I Register?

If you are required to register as a sexual offender with the University Police pursuant to the 290.1 penal code as stated above, you will need to make an appointment with Investigations by contacting one of the following detectives:

Detective Sergeant Williams via telephone at (657) 278-2903, or by email at
Detective Corporal Botzheim via telephone at (657) 278-2902, or by email at

Additional Information

Public information regarding sex offenders in California may be obtained by viewing the Department of Justice Online Megan's Law Web Site Opens in new window . You can also obtain information by contacting the Orange County Sheriff's Department at one of the following offices:

Santa Ana Main Office (714) 647-7040
Aliso Viejo Office (949) 425-1880
San Clemente Office (949) 361-8372
Stanton Office (714) 373-8741