Sworn Police Officer
The CSUF Police Department is seeking the best and brightest individuals who want to make a change in their lives and a difference in their communities. A world-class police force that has long set the standard of excellence for police training and performance, no other job can offer you the opportunity for growth, enrichment, and range of experience like the CSUF Police Department. With a competitive starting salary, excellent benefits, and compressed work schedules, a career with the CSUF Police Department provides you with the security and flexibility to enjoy all the rewards that Cal State University Fullerton has to offer. The CSUF Police Department offers exceptional careers in many areas of law enforcement for men and women from all backgrounds who are seeking professional growth and personal satisfaction. Performs patrol duties on foot or by vehicle to protect University personnel, property, and facilities against accidents, bodily harm, fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible and has applied for U.S. citizenship at least ONE YEAR prior to application for employment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, a high school graduate or have passed a G.E.D. test with an overall score of 45 and a standard score of not less than 35 on any section of the test; or a C.H.S.P.E.
- Must have no felony convictions
- A valid California driver's license
- Must have 20/70 uncorrected vision in each eye corrected to 20/25 in each eye
- Must be able to recognize 10 out of 14 colors in the eye test.
- Previous experience as a Police Officer or completion of P.O.S.T Basic Academy.
- if you are currently employed by a California Police agency you will not be required to take the written examination. A copy of a recent paycheck stub will be required.
- If you have taken a California POST certified written exam within the last 12 months that meets our scoring standard you will not be required to take the written exam. A letter confirming the date and you score on the agency's letterhead will be required.
- Must be able to meet minimum P.O.S.T. hiring standards applicable for the position. Police Officer-Cadet is a non-sworn individual who has not completed a P.O.S.T. academy or received a Basic Course Certificate.
- Cadets will be required to attend a certified P.O.S.T. training academy as a condition of their employment. Appointments in this classification are temporary in nature and typically do not exceed seven (7) months. Upon successful completion of the training in the required time frame and based on a review by management, the Cadet is appointed to the Police Officer classification in a probationary capacity.