Impounds and Storages Information
Tow Releases Fees:
- $100 for all STORED (non-impounded) vehicles
- $250.00 for DUI related impounded vehicles
- $150 for all other Impounded vehicles.
$25 for property retrieval for all towed vehicles
( This is not a vehicle release ).
- Obtain a written release from the Police Department
- Cashier's Check or Money Order ONLY.
- Vehicle can only be released to the listed registered owner of the vehicle.
- Then you can claim your vehicle from the storage yard.
If your vehicle was impounded for:
Vehicle Registration problem
- Correct the problem before vehicle can be released.
- Proof of correction will be required.
Unpaid Parking Tickets
- Pay all outstanding parking ticket fees before vehicle can be released.
- Proof of payment will be required.
Unlicensed or Suspended Drive
- Vehicle owner is liable for towing, storage, and release fees.
- Vehicle subject to a 30 day hold unless proof is provided that the cited driver's license was reinstated.
Vehicle Impound Hearing
Storage Impound hearings are provided by the Police Department pursuant to CVC 22852. The purpose of the hearing is only to determine if the officer had lawful authority to store or impound the vehicle.
To Request a hearing:
You must submit your request within 10 business days of the date appearing on the impound notice:
- In person (University Police, 800 N. State College Blvd, Fullerton CA 92831)
- Tow Information Line (657) 278-2111, Police Dispatch (657) 278-2515
- In writing (University Police, 800 N. State College Blvd, Fullerton, CA 92832)