For information on the applicant live scan fingerprinting service, call (657) 278-2904.
WHAT IS LIVE SCAN? HOW DOES IT WORK?
Live scan refers to the use of a computer-based device which reads the fingerprint patterns of a subject directly from the subject's fingers. Therefore, the prints are collected into an electronic medium from a "live" person's fingers rather than being read from an inked card.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO HAVE LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTS?
The CSU Fullerton Police applicant live scan rolling fee is $22, and $15 for CSU Fullerton faculty, staff, and, students with proper ID. Click here for additional information about rolling fees and service charges. We only accept the following types of payment:
- CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS,
- CASHIER'S CHECKS,
- MONEY ORDERS ONLY
- NO Cash, NO personal/3rd party checks
WHEN CAN I HAVE MY LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTS TAKEN? WHERE DO I GO?
Live scan services are Monday-Friday, 8 AM until 5 PM. Saturdays from 8 AM to 12 PM. WALK IN SERVICE ONLY (NO appointments). Come to the lobby of the CSU Fullerton PD department, located at at the corner of Gymnasium Drive and State College Boulevard.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME?
You must bring the authorized "Request for Live Scan Service" form. This form is supplied by the requesting agency. Please make sure the form is completed prior to your arrival.
A valid government-issued photo identification card is required. Acceptable forms of identification include the following:
- California driver's license / Identification card
- Valid out-of-state driver's license
- Military ID
- Passport (with another form of identification)
- Valid Resident Alien Card/Immigration/Green
- Individuals with open sores or cuts will need to reschedule due to health concerns and safety of our staff.
- Fingernails – Extremely long or curved fingernails may prevent the fingers from properly contacting the printing platen and may need trimming.
- All hand jewelry needs to be removed prior to live scan.
- Bandaged or injured fingers – Applicants may need to reschedule their appointment until the injured or bandaged finger can be printed.
- No hard copies of the print submission will be provided - All live scan prints are taken electronically and transmitted directly to the Department of Justice.
- CSU Fullerton PD does not have the ability to print copies of the submission.