WHAT IS LIVE SCAN? HOW DOES IT WORK?
Live scan refers to the use of a computer-based device which reads the fingerprint patterns of a subject directly from the subject's fingers. Therefore, the prints are collected into an electronic medium from a "live" person's fingers rather than being read from an inked hard card.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST FOR LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTS?
The CSU Fullerton Police Applicant Live scan rolling fee is $22 and $15 for CSU Fullerton faculty, staff, and, students with proper ID. Click here for additional information about rolling fees and service charges. We only accept the following types of payment:
- CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS,
- CASHIER'S CHECKS,
- MONEY ORDERS ONLY
- NO Cash, NO personal/3rd party checks
WHEN CAN I HAVE MY LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTS TAKEN?
CSU Fullerton Police Department Applicant Live scan fingerprinting services is on a walk in basis only. You may contact the Applicant Live scan Information Line at (657) 278-2904. Our live scan services are available:
Live Scan services are Monday-Friday, 8 AM until 5 PM. Saturdays from 8 AM to noon. Walk-ins accepted - No appointment needed!
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME?
It is important that you bring the authorized "Request for Live scan Service – Applicant Submission" form. This form is supplied by the requesting agency. Please make sure the form is completed prior to your arrival.
A picture ID is required. Acceptable forms of identification include the following:
- California driver's license / Identification card
- Valid out-of-state driver's license
- Military ID
- Passport (with another form of identification)
- Valid Resident Alien Card/Immigration/Green
- Individuals with open sores or cuts will need to reschedule due to health concerns and safety of our staff.
- Fingernails – Extremely long or curved fingernails may prevent the fingers from properly contacting the printing platen and may need trimming.
- All hand jewelry needs to be removed prior to your live scan.
- Bandaged or Injured Fingers – Applicants may need to reschedule their appointment until the injured or bandaged finger can be printed.
- No hard copies of the print submission will be provided - All live scan prints are taken electronically and transmitted directly to the Department of Justice. CSU Fullerton PD does not have the ability to print copies of the submission.