How can I become a Community Service Officer?
The University Police Department facilitates the academic process by providing a safe and secure environment in which to pursue academic excellence. Our commitment to the Community Service Officer (CSO) program is based on the philosophy that we are providing students a learning experience in law enforcement, providing employment, and practical experience to our students, and enhancing our service delivery to the campus community.
CSUF students interested in applying to the CSO program can download the electronic CSO Application form online. All completed applications should be submitted in person to the University Police Department front counter. The starting pay is $11.00 an hour. If you have questions, you may call the Community Services Office at (657) 278 - 5533 to speak directly to a CSO Supervisor or to leave a message.
- Must be currently enrolled as a CSUF Student.
- Must have a 2.0 GPA or higher.
- Must have a valid CA Driver's License.
- Must have current vehicle insurance.
- Must have the ability to understand and carry out oral as well as written instructions.
- Must be able to observe and analyze situations to determine the appropriate course of action.
- Must be capable of providing customer service to students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Must complete application in full.
- Job contingent on successful background check.